Thursday, January 12, 2012

Asking Forgiviness

I've written about forgiveness on this blog before, but recently some things have made rethink just how easily I forgive others. I know that we are to forgive over and over, because we are sinner and are constantly given forgiveness by our Savior. I don't know if I truly know how to forgive. I think I know how to become indifferent, to move on, to forget. But true forgiveness? I honestly don't know.

What do you think? How do we truly forgive? How do we feel love for those who have hurt us? How do we move past the indifference into that place of love? And why is that even if we do really want to forgive, those feelings won't come.

I've been wrestling with these question for over a month and still don't have answers. I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I feel like true forgiveness must come on its own, and it generally comes around the same time your heart is ready to let it go. Unless you've worked through your background noise of whatever happened - it's extremely difficult to just tell yourself you've forgiven them. I know it's biblical to forgive others as Christ has forgiven us, so I make it a goal to do so - and work through everything else to get there.