Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Full

I am FULL. Every Saturday I go to school, learn something brilliant and think "I must blog that!" Then I go to church on Sunday and feel the same way. Same after I teach Bible study on Tuesday mornings and night. I'm learning so much about what it really means to follow Christ and to love others. It's wonderful to begin to tear down all of my previous assumptions and put on a new perspective. It's also hard because I'm convicted daily of my speech and actions.

I my main point is that we all get this way from time to time. You hear an amazing sermon, read a good devotional or have a meaningful conversation with a friend. You fill inspire, loved, humbled, FULL. But the question of the day is, so what? So what that you feel good? What are we doing with this? What am I doing with this feeling? Do I share it? Sometimes. But most often I just walk around, happy to be a Christian and nothing more. How stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I love feeling full and I think it's great to feel this way but that's only half of our call. I once hear a pastor say that as Christians we come to the cross and then cling so tight that we forget about the call to go out and tell others. I am by no means saying that we should force feed our beliefs to people. I do believe that our actions can and should do the talking. Unfortunately, that's where I drop the ball most often. The fact is that Satan is a liar and has been lying to people for generations and generations. Sadly, it's easier for people to believe the lies of Satan than the Truth of gospel, especially since we rarely share this truth. When I see how Christians behave sometimes (myself included) it shocks me that anyone would want to be Christian. What happened to being light and salt?

Sorry, didn't mean to get preachy on you. I'm actually yelling at myself not at you. My challenge is to make sure I'm living a life that causes people to ask questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Blog!! You also look beautiful in your profile picture!