Friday, October 07, 2011

Starting Over

Things are changing. I'm changing. My life is changing.

Over a year ago I made the decision to stop blogging. While I loved writing, I was not in love with the message of my blog. I knew ending the blog at the time was the right thing to do and I never imagined I'd feel the need to blog ever again. Yet, here I am.

This time, things will be different. I want to focus on my time in seminary and the lessons I'm learning on this journey. I started seminary to be obedient to call I felt from God. I had no future plan, just lived into that call on a daily basis. Fast forward three years and that's one thing that has not changed. I still don't have a concrete plan for my life once I finish school. I'm still shocked each week when I attend class or tell someone I'm a seminary student. I guess I had a vision in my head of what a seminary student would look like or act like and I am a far cry from the vision. 

To be a seminary student was a super Christian, practical perfect in every way. Oh wait, that's Mary Poppins.  Anyway, I think you understand my point. I didn't think I was good enough, smart enough, "Christian enough" to be a seminarian. But I answered my call and everyday I'm thankful I did so. Not quite so thankful when it's 1:00 a.m.and I'm still working on homework, but I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be in life. 

Currently my heart is being pulled by our study of Exodus and the concept of idols. I'm currently in the midst of a struggle with an idol and this week has not gone how I would have liked. But that's a story for tomorrow. Thanks for joining me here. 

Star
 

No comments: